Belaboring the Obvious

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Well, maybe, we're all just fucked...

... beyond repair.

The latest horrors released by WikiLeaks are just beyond description. And yet, both left and right are trying, desperately, to say that our soldiers are good, noble, and perennially the good guys.

Lies. Abject, horrible lies.

Finally, finally, finally, I've come to the conclusion that this country is a criminal enterprise, and that even my military service in the Vietnam era was in furtherance of criminal activity.

Our nation--by many different measures--is consumed by corruption, and I do not know how to fix that problem, have no means of effecting any positive change.

Frankly, I wish I could escape to some neutral country and make some honorable life for myself and forget the United States forever, and yet, I don't even have the money to do that after a lifetime of living in this rigged game.

It's crummy to say it, but, it's true. The poor--no matter how honest and sensible they may be--cannot win in a nation in which the rich are able to use their much greater money to their own advantage.

The Founders could never have anticipated what has happened to their dream. It's just plain fuckin' dead, and the Tea Partiers don't have a clue as to why. They're stooges.

I feel stupid and used and used up. Like a whole helluva lot of other people.

2 Comments:

  • I'm with you, baby.

    And thanks for identifying the Tea Partyers.

    I've been saying it for a long time and no one wants to believe that they are just frauds with their worries about tax cuts and defense spending.

    It's just plain fuckin' dead, and the Tea Partiers don't have a clue as to why. They're stooges.
    ______________

    By Blogger Cirze, at 5:45 PM  

  • I hear you. And I feel amazingly the same. The Tea Partiers are angry? Over healthcare reform? WTF?

    It's about corporate power. Obama isn't fighting it. And its out of control nature is hurting millions.

    By Blogger spocko, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home